New License Law

So I took the required 3-hour “Transition Course” this morning with great anticipation that the confusions about broker, agent, designated broker, etc. would finally be abolished with the new labels that become effective under the new license law that kicks in July 1. I now sadly report that it will be more confusing than ever, despite the valiant effort of the attorney who did a really good job presenting the new laws today. I cannot even bring myself to tell you what the new definitions are as it will leave you wondering why.


Regardless of the definitions and their clarity or lack thereof, there seems to be some sanity towards the way apartment buildings are operated (which I think may be in large part due to the lobbying efforts of the RHA). In any case, the story remains the same: hire a good person, regardless of designation or label, and your outcome will be good.